Obstacles appear during the various vehicle stages in the Battletoads games to hinder the player's progress, often making the player lose a life automatically and forcing it back to a checkpoint.
Introduced in BattletoadsEdit
- Wallmover: The first obstacle in the Turbo Tunnel, these are walls which will crush the toads if they don't dodge them by moving to the opposite side.
- Low Barrier: Lower walls which can't be dodged, instead you must jump over them in order to avoid them.
- High Stopper: A floating version of the Low Barrier which will hit the toads if they jump.
- Log: A floating piece of timber wood which floats along the river on Surf City. Some of these will actually move, making it harder to dodge.
- Whirlpool: Spiraling whirlpools which will kill the toads on contact, players must be careful with their erratic movement.
- Mines: These are found in large quantities alongside the river and move fast.
- Electro Barrier: Electric barriers found on Volkmire's Inferno which will shock the toads if they don't pass through their gaps.
Introduced in Battletoads (Game Boy)Edit
- Tentacle: Giant tentacles from a underwater creature which move back and forth trying to grab unaware toads.
Introduced in Battletoads in BattlemaniacsEdit
- Planx: Wood boards which block the path in the Roller Coaster and must be ducked under to avoid.
Introduced in Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate TeamEdit
- Drum: Big drums which serve the same purpose as the Wallmovers and must be dodged.
- Post Wall: A series of wooden posts which must be jumped over much like the Low Barriers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.