|“||I may not be smart, but when brain power fails, brute force prevails!||„|
Pimple is one of the three protagonists of the Battletoads franchise, alongside Rash and Zitz. He is the muscle of the 'Toads. He was originally a human game tester named George Pie, who much like his buddies was transformed into a toad upon entering the Gamescape.
Pimple wears spiked black kneepads and spiked black arm braces. Early artwork depicted him wearing a spiked black belt, but he was never seen wearing this belt in any of the games and later artwork eliminated the belt. According to his profile in the arcade Battletoads, he stands at a height of 7'4", making him the largest toad. Pimple's skin has changed in appearance a few times over the course of the series. He began with a medium shade of green, just like the other two 'Toads, and appears that way on the original box art. In the first game itself his skin was a darker shade of green, matching Rash but not Zitz (as his skin color was yellow). His skin was later changed to a light tan before finally being presented with a brown color for his skin, which is now considered his official skin color. He appears with his current color in Battletoads/Double Dragon and Battletoads Arcade.
Pimple is the meanest of the toads, though he is not the smartest of the team. When his friends are in trouble, he always comes to the rescue. He prefers to fight rather than talk, which has sometimes got him in trouble. In the 2020 reboot, Pimple's personality has been completely changed as he is shown to be the most easygoing and peaceful of the team who disapproves of meaningless violence, contrasting his muscular appearance, but is prone to flying into a unstoppable violent outburst if he is pushed too far.
Abilities & Smash Hits
Pimple's main attribute is brute force, as he is very strong but very slow and lowest skilled of the team, dealing a lot of damage with short combos (even though in Battletoads/Double Dragon, he has the same speed and strength as Rash and Zitz in gameplay).Pimple's Smash Hits are large and simplistic, doing massive damage in a single blow by incorporating things such as anvils, hammers and one-ton weights. In general he prefers to fight with this fists rather than his feet.
- BT Big Hammer: Pimple's arm turns into a sledge hammer.
- Kiss My Fist:Pimple's fist enlarges as he punches his enemy(used on Battlemaniacs while riding the discs)
- Wun-Tun Stomp: Pimple's leg turns into a one-ton weight when he stomps on an enemy's head.
- Charge n' Barge: Pimple charges into an enemy, generating a giant football helmet and shoulder pads as he hits them with a headbutt.
- Jawbuster: Pimple's fist enlarges as he uppercuts his enemy(His fist turns into stone when the opportunity is given)
- Anvil Swipe: Pimple's fist turns into an anvil while delivering an attack in midair.
- Big Bad Boot: Pimple transforms his feet into a giant boot and he kicks his enemies(usually on the face or the butt)
- Battle Butt: As he headbutts his enemy huge ram horns emerge out of his head.
Pimple has appeared in every Battletoads game, but not always as a playable character. He was out of action in both the original Battletoads game and Battletoads (Game Boy), having been kidnapped prior to the start of both games. His first appearance as a playable character was in Battletoads in Battlemaniacs in which he was player one's character. He continued to be a playable character in Battletoads/Double Dragon and Battletoads Arcade and in future games.
- Pimple fills a role similar to Raphael on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.