|“||I'm the crazy one, and I'm super cool! My Smash Hits will leave 'em cold!||„|
|“||These cameos are killing me!||„|
Details[edit | edit source]
Rash was originally a human game tester named Dave Shar, who much like his buddies was transformed into a toad upon entering the Gamescape. Rash is the coolest toad (so he says), being the most extroverted and flamboyant of the team. He is easily identified by his green skin and shades, wearing red ninja ribbons on his arms and studded kneepads. In battlemaniacs and battletoads arcade he was the fastest and the weakest toad but in the reboot he is now the Balanced toad. In the 2020 reboot, Rash is shown to enjoy his fame as a hero, to the point that he's the 'toad who struggles the most with adapting to a simple life.
Rash has been playable in every Battletoads game except for the Battletoads Game Boy sequel. In Battletoads, he is the character that the player play as when in one-player mode. He does not wear his shades in-game, but wears them in his profile screen. Rash also appears as a playable guest character in Killer Instinct for the Xbox One as the first character in Season 3 in March 2016.
Smash Hits[edit | edit source]
Usually Rash's smash hits involves him using sharp objects and flamboyant smash hits to reflect his cool personality.
- Ball n' Chain: Rash delivers a leg sweep(or a kick) in which his foot turns into a spiked ball
- Spiked Boot Thrust: Rash charges towards his enemy, turns his foot into a giant boot with spiked floor and kicks his enemy right in his face/chest
- Flying Battleaxe: A jump kick in which Rash's foot turns into a giant axe
- SideArm Slice:Rash gives a sidearm punch with his giant fist extended
- Steel Claw Strike: Rash turns his hands into steel claws and the proceeds to jam them on the face of a downed enemy
- Springin' Stamp: Rash turns his legs into springs
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word "rash" is an anagram for his human self surname "Shar".
- Rash's role in the team is similar to that of Michelangelo on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Rash's sprites in the Arcade were originally going to feature the red ribbons on his arms, though those ended replaced with the final design without the ribbons. A few sprites with the ribbons can still be found in the game's data.
- This however was rectified in the reboot as he now has the ribbons