|“||I'm the smartest thing on webbed feet. I can think as well as fight!||„|
Zitz was originally a human game tester named Morgan Ziegler, who much like his buddies was transformed into a toad upon entering the Gamescape. He's the team's leader and most intelligent of the group, being differentiated from the other Battletoads by wearing a utility belt, gloves and a wrist computer, as well as studded knee pads. His advantage is not brute force, like Pimple's, which he compensates with his intelligence, in gameplay acting as the fastest but weakest of the team. In the 2020 reboot, Zitz is shown to have a severe lack of self-confidence, often trying to assert his position as the team's leader.
Zitz originally had yellow skin, which was changed into dark green in subsequent games. In the animated series pilot Morgan/Zitz speaks with a slight Southern drawl and had light green skin in his Battletoads form. He was voiced by Ian Corlett.
Zitz's Smash Hits reflect his intelligence, incorporating mechanized weapons.
- Soarin' Sawblade: A buzzsaw emerges from Zitz's leg in midair.
- Battledozer: Zitz's arms merge and transform into a spiked bulldozer when he charges enemies.
- Drilla Killa: Zitz's arm turns into a drill that he stabs into a fallen enemy.
- Kiss My Fist: The standard attack where the 'toad's fist enlarges, but Zitz is shown to sprout spikes from his knuckles using this move in the arcade game.
- Full Metal Saws: Zitz transforms both of his hands into giant saws and proceeds to cut the enemy
- Being both the leader and most intelligent of the team, Zitz fills similar roles to both Leonardo and Donatello on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.